Chardham Yatra is associated with four Pilgrimage sites including Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri and Yamunotri. All these holy destination are situated in “Land of God” commonly known as Uttarakhand. This CharDham Yatra or Chota Char Dham is famous because it is easily covered in a stretch of 10-11 days. Chardham yatra has captured an important place and so even today thousands and thousands of people from all over the world visit this sacred site every year during the pilgrimage season
After the HIMALYAN TSUNAMI in 2013 the facts come before us the state is not sufficient to handle any kind of exigency that might occur in state and the material available with the disaster management department of the state is very old and not at all in accordance with modern ways and techniques, it is submitted that the information we received under RTI Act 2005
In this regards Hum Hindu Filed a Writ Petition No 52/2015 in the High Court of Uttarakhand at Nanital for Improvement in same along with below said prayers,
- issue appropriate writ and directions in the nature of mandamus to the respondents to make a rules and regulation on ground of age , health, counting etc
- keep biometric data of all tourist and pilgrims and control mass tourism
- control unplanned urbanizations /traffics/pollutions and free to Ganga
Effect of Hum Hindu:
- Government of Uttarakhand mandatory to maintain biometric data of all tourist and pilgrims.
- Set limits of the tourists and pilgrims.
- Improve warning systems.
- Improve disaster managements.